Blackjack is a firm favourite among both novice and experienced casino players, and is the most widely played table game in the world. While this casino games favourite requires players to have a fair sense of strategic skill, it is fairly simple to master, and offers players many thrilling moments.
Fortune Room offers players numerous varieties of blackjack, some of which you may not find in land-based table games.
How does blackjack work?
Blackjack is often colloquially known as “21”, as the player strives to collect a value of cards amounting to 21 (called a blackjack). The object of the game is to ensure you “beat the dealer”, which can be accomplished in these ways:
- The player gets 21 on their first 2 cards, without the dealer achieving a blackjack.
- The player reaches a final score higher than the dealer, without exceeding 21.
- The player lets the dealer draw additional cards until the dealer’s hand exceeds 21.
Between 1 and 8 decks of cards can be used, depending on which version is being played. These are the representations in the deck:
- Picture cards (kings, queens and jacks) represent 10.
- Number cards represent their face value.
- An ace can be represented as either 1 or 11 – this is up to the player to determine, according to the hand they are given.
How do you play blackjack?
When playing, both you and the dealer will be dealt 2 cards. Should you get an ace and either a picture card or 10, the ace will then count as 11, adding up to a value of 21. If the cards you are dealt work out to far less than 21, then you can ask the dealer for a new card, or “hit
You can continue asking for new cards until you either reach 21 or as near as possible to 21, or until you exceed 21 and “go bust”. Whoever gets 21 or closest to 21 before going bust will win (for example, if you get 12 and the dealer goes over 21, then you win).
Types of blackjack
Fortune Room gives players the chance to choose from numerous types of blackjack games, ranging from a standard game with 52 cards to games that include up to 8 decks, as well as single and multi-hand games. Here are the blackjack games you can access at the casino:
- Single-hand blackjack – These are individual games where you are pitted against the dealer. Some of these exciting games include European Blackjack, Vegas Strip Blackjack, and Atlantic City Blackjack.
- Multi-hand blackjack – You can play multiple games of blackjack at once. Games offered include Multi-hand Vegas Downtown Blackjack, Multi-hand Atlantic City Blackjack and Multi-hand Spanish 21 Blackjack.
- Gold Series blackjack – Some of the visually appealing and streamlined games in this series include Vegas Strip Blackjack Gold, Multi-hand Spanish 21 Blackjack Gold, and Multi-hand Big Five Blackjack Gold.